Date(s) - Mar 05
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Categories No Categories
It is time we got our financial house in order—and everyone knows that housework is much more fun when you dance while doing it! Our theme for this year’s canvass: Let It Be a Dance! “Buugie Wuugie,” anyone? Or “We Can Can Do It”!
Our Canvass is a two-year affair this time—that is, both the CVUUS budget and your annual pledge will remain the same for the next two fiscal years: 2016-17 and 2017-18.
- Dinner: design your own grilled cheese sandwich, enjoy warm tomato soup, and delicious cookies for dessert. (RSVP if you are lactose or gluten intolerant so we can have a bread and cheese substitute for you email@example.com)
- Dance: It is a dance after all! We’ll have some line dance lessons and in honor of our two-year canvass learn the Texas Two-Step! Line dancing is fun and easy for people of all ages.
- Nerf basketball shoot-out – Ghost, Knock-out, and more
- Special canvass kick-off entertainment to inspire us all.
- Movie for children
- Childcare with Jackie, plus one.
The Finance Committee and the staff are working hard to prepare a budget that will work for two years, and by now you’ve probably seen it and the vision of our programs it presents. The Canvass team is busy dreaming up posters, brochures, skits, and songs (and dance steps!) to inform and inspire the congregation to sustain the work that we do both within our church community and out in the world by giving generously.
Our Let it Be a Dance campaign will be an every-member canvass, so starting after our gala celebration on March 5, you’ll be meeting with one of our well-trained canvass visitors for good conversation and an opportunity to make your two-year pledge. And, who knows, perhaps a waltz or a polka, too!
Our CVUUS dance is transformed from dreary work to glorious art through all of our efforts. Stay tuned!