Infant-3 years NURSERY
- NEED: Substitutes: adults for Jackie (volunteer), youth for Journey (paid)
Our Nursery is staffed by a paid experienced childcare supervisor and a high school assistant. Unstructured play in a safe and nurturing environment next to the Sanctuary.
PreK-grade 1 SPIRIT PLAY
- NEED: Assistant “Doorkeepers” – and maybe Leader “Storytellers”
Circle with story told with basket of miniature figures/props, followed by wondering questions and art/other responses, freedom to use room materials as kids wish. Based on Montessori educational philosophy.
PreK-grade 1 OWLETS (OWL for K-1) – MIGHT OFFER THIS YEAR –
- NEED (maybe): 2 Co-leaders – weekend training required – we pay travel, room, food, training
8 sessions about birth, babies, bodies, and families. Includes stories, activities and at-home projects that promote family dialogue.
Grades 2-4 HARRY and UU
- NEED: Assistant “Wizards/Witches” – and maybe Lead “Wizards/Witches”
Based on the Harry Potter books. Includes fun wizarding activities with main purpose of social action. The group fights against “Horcruxes”: real-world problems like hunger, poverty, and homelessness.
Grades 5-6 NEIGHBORING FAITHS
- NEED: Coordinator and Faith unit leaders or Team of people who coordinate and lead together
World faith units taught by various people from in and outside our congregation. Explore the origins of Unitarian Universalism, what others believe, and what it feels like to worship in other places. Through class activities and discussions, guest presenters, art, rituals, field trips, and worship, many religions and spiritual traditions are explored. Many field trips – Sunday mornings and other days/times.
Grades 9-12 YOUTH GROUP
- NEED: 1-2 co-advisors
Members of the Youth Group drive the activities. They often include service projects, fundraisers, games, recreational activities and going on field trips. Frequently they have issues they want to discuss. Youth Group members take part in a spring overnight Youth Con with other Vermont UU Youth Groups. Usually every other Sunday 4-6.
All Ages KIDS FOR KIDS
- Kids doing social justice and community service for other kids. Projects include CROP Walk to End Hunger, making & selling holiday ornaments as a UUSC Guest at Your Table fundraiser, and others.
Contact Director of Religious Exploration Poppy Rees (firstname.lastname@example.org).