The highest priority is that people of all ages are opened to deeper connections with themselves, others, and the spirit of life.
— From CVUUS Purpose Statement – Why We Exist, adopted Fall, 2011
Visiting, Volunteering, and Joining
Come visit CVUUS any Sunday morning at 10am and join us for conversation after the service, at about 11am.
Consider joining CVUUS if you have decided that our community is where you find spiritual renewal.
Get to know us by volunteering and support CVUUS with your donations.
If you are in need of support, contact Rev. Barnaby or the CVUUS Caring Network.
CVUUS Programs and Groups
Deepen and broaden your personal spiritual growth by joining a Small Group Ministry group.
Meditate with the CVUUS Sangha any Sunday evening.
Openings for Deeper Connections
The following CVUUS groups have openings.
Worship Ministry, two openings
– we work closely with Reverend Barnaby to provide all aspects of weekly services, serve as worship associates, and spend time educating ourselves and exploring the purpose of worship, our role in the process, and how best to meet the needs of the congregation
– there is public speaking and a need to be reliable and organized while being willing to be vulnerable
– contact Ann Webster (email@example.com), Piper Harrell
– meet one Wednesday a month after choir practice
Rhubarb Festival 2018, five openings
– held on the Saturday following Memorial Day, the festival raises funds for a local non-profit and CVUUS while celebrating spring and providing fellowship, and needs people to organize 1) Sweets and Savories sales table, 2) used book sale, 3) handmade item raffle, such as a quilt, 4) collecting rhubarb donations, and 5) lead a newly created activity (your choice!)
– contact Mary Hadley ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
– two or three meetings over the year
CVUUS’ Sound System group is seeking at least two more people
– to join their Sunday morning service rotation, and
– to take turns recording services onto CDs, and to sometimes play music brought in on CDs or other devices.
It’s not difficult! You will be trained to set up mics and adjust sound levels.
– contact Mitch Kramer ( email@example.com 802 353-0817 ) for more information.
CVUUS Library Team
– Are you a book enthusiast and library lover, and interested in making our library more lively, inviting, and accessible?
– We’d like help with publicity, book processing, or management of our online catalog, and will happily provide training and support.
– contact Artley Wolfson ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
– flexible time commitment